Bunny's Technorati Tags
- best way to install and keep up-to-date is through the PluginManager
- Download version 0.5 zip
- View source code
Now works with Wordpress 2.0'''
If you find a bug or want to suggest an improvement/enhancement, fill in a ticket!
Description and Installation
Bunny’s Technorati Tags provides you with template function to easily display Technorati tags for your posts. The tags are stored in a Custom Field, so this plugin does not require any modifications of the database structure. The plugin adds a text input for that custom field in the appropriate admin pages.
Once you’ve installed and activated the plugin (manually or with the PluginManager), enter a space-separated list of tags in the 'tags' field, and place the following code in your template where you want the list of tags to appear:
<?php the_bunny_tags(); ?>
If you're not happy with the default formatting, you can pass parameters to the_bunny_tags($before, $after, $separator) like this, for example:
<?php the_bunny_tags('<ul><li>', '</li></ul>', '</li><li>'); ?>
The default formatting is equivalent to:
<?php the_bunny_tags('<p class="tags">Tags: ', '</p>', ', '); ?>
You can add a css style rule for .tags if you wish -- I personally just style it like .categories.
If you’re like me and you’ve been painfully entering comma-separated keywords for your posts using a Custom Field of same name, you can ask the plugin to use these keywords if there are no tags available for a given post. To do that, edit the plugin file and change the line under SETTINGS so that it reads:
You can now use multi-word tags by joining them together with a "+" sign.
Issues and Warnings
- If your blog is not utf-8, and you use accented characters in tags, your tags may not get indexed correctly by Technorati.
- Plugin written for 1.5, now updated for 2.0!
- Template function the_bunny_keyword_tags(), present in previous versions, has been removed. Use the_bunny_tags() instead, with a $bunny_strict=false setting.
- Important: you need to specify 'full text' under Options > Reading for syndication feeds, or your tags will not be indexed''' (If somebody has a fix that adds tags in the <category> fields, let me know.)
This Plugin Elsewhere
You can download and install this plugin in 1-click if you have the PluginManager.
- Plugin announcement post
- Plugin page on wp-plugins.net
- Changelog for this plugin
- Tickets for this plugin
Please link to the present page if you want to link to the plugin.
Who's talking about it?