Auto-TrackBack? by Category
Tags: trackback, category Contributors: WebHorn
Auto-TrackBack? by Category is a plugin that enables you to set automatic trackback pings associated to specific categories, as opposed to individual posts, or globally.
- Upload to your plugins folder, usually wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin on the plugin screen
- Browse to the Manage -> Auto-TrackBack? by Category sub-tab
- Insert the category specific URI's you want to send trackback pings to
- New posts created in these categories will insert the trackback URI's you inserted (appended to any post-specific URI's).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I want to use this plugin?
If you write a blog with many categories, and want to associate one or more of your categories to a trackback aggregator, but you don't want to trackback ALL your posts. Said differently, if you write about Science, Art, and Music, and you only want the Science topic posts to trackback to your friends Science-topic aggregator, you would use this plugin.
How can I tell if it's working?
When you write a new post, after you select your category checkboxes and hit save or publish, the auto-trackback URI's will appear in the trackback URI field of the post. Please note that this happens POST-SAVE or PUBLISH of the post, so if you have associated a particular topic to an auto-trackback URI, and you DO NOT want to trackback a specific post in that category, you should write you post, SAVE AS A DRAFT, remote the inserted auto-trackback URI, and then publish. If you compose a new post and immediately publish, the auto-trackback URI's are automatically inserted and you will not have a chance to trump them.